Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: 20th Anniversary

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    I'm pretty sure this has been talking about before, but does anyone have any real in sight?

    I'd like to see them do something better than the matching t-shirts that were done for the 10th.

    Personally, I would LOVE to see a limited edition 80's doll instead of a limited edition modern AGOT doll for next year.

    How cute would that be? I can picture her myself, and Im sure everyone else can, too. Long, crimpy blonde hair with big bangs. Nice popular 80s name, like Jennifer. Lots of mini-skirts, neon colors, ballet flats (the Sam & Libby kind, with the big bow on top!), all that fun stuff.

    I just sent them an email about it, although I'm sure that wont do anything, but it would be such a loss to not do something really exciting next year.

    Does anyone have any better ideas or can further my own for a 20th anniversary? Or has anyone heard rumours about what (if anything) they ARE doing?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jlogemann17's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think your idea is WONDERUL!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member americangirlsrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    221
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A LE 80's girl would be great. DD loves to watch the Full House episodes, and would get a kick out of those clothes for her dolls. I don't think she realizes that the show was out so long ago (premiered in 1987), but she loves that 80's look, especially the high side ponytails! LOL!! Personally, I hope those trends don't come back! I do hope they do something special~ What I would really like to see is limited edition Sam, Kirsten & Molly dolls that looked exactlylike the original ones with the long, soft pretty eyelashes and the same coloring, vinyl, etc. I know Mattel has done that for Barbie, so maybe it's not too much of a pipe dream!!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I think a couple of us have mentioned that in the past, and I would love it! I'd also love a re-release of the first catalogue, and new outfits for the original three girls. I'd also absolutely love to see a little book showing where each of the girls would be twenty years after their first book, with a section about girls who got their first doll in 1986, and where they are today.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    DD loves to watch the Full House episodes, and would get a kick out of those clothes for her dolls. I don't think she realizes that the show was out so long ago (premiered in 1987), but she loves that 80's look, especially the high side ponytails! LOL!!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Your daughter has good taste in tv! [img]smile.gif[/img] Full House is one of my all time favorite shows (after Boy Meets World and Eerie, Indiana), lol. I love how DJ and Stephanie dress at the beginning of the series, I deffinitly think DJ's clothes could be a bit of a model for an AG 80's doll.

    What I would really like to see is limited edition Sam, Kirsten & Molly dolls that looked exactlylike the original ones with the long, soft pretty eyelashes and the same coloring, vinyl, etc. I know Mattel has done that for Barbie, so maybe it's not too much of a pipe dream!!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That would also be really, really cool! They could do that as well, something for both the historical and modern doll fans! It might cost them a bit more to do it differently, but it would be worth it.

    I'd also absolutely love to see a little book showing where each of the girls would be twenty years after their first book, with a section about girls who got their first doll in 1986, and where they are today.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Do you mean the historical dolls? I would LOVE that as well.

    I hope they've got the same ideas as us! Or are, perhaps, reading this, and getting ideas.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 22, 2005 05:28 PM: Message edited by: cami713 ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member tatabatata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2005
    Posts
    595
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I LOVE the idea of the "20 years after" books: the raring 20's for Sam... flower power for Molly, oh the possibilities!
    Now that I think about it, I will dress Sam in the flapper dress and Molly in the Hippie costume for Halloween!

    Also: how about an AG convention for hopelessly addicted collectors (that's us!)

    So looking forward to it...

    Ana [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 22, 2005 10:34 PM: Message edited by: henna1 ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member MissMooMoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2005
    Posts
    451
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    An 80s doll would be awesome.

    As for an AG convention, there is no reason why we couldn't have our own, right?

    Maybe would could work with an AG place to accomodate a group (heck they have birthday parties), see if we could get some of the writers to speak, etc.

    We could do it if we really wanted to. . .

  8. #8
    Inactive Member only1genevieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd LOVE an eighties doll. I would buy EVERYthing for it. Because that's when I was born, so I'm a little partial [img]biggrin.gif[/img] . Eighties things they could have for the doll:

    High-top athletic shoes
    Leg warmers
    Neon leggings! Boy, did I wear a lot of those.
    Hyper-color t-shirts!
    Ruffled mini skirts
    Friendship bracelets

    Agh, sooo many horribly ugly fashions. But, they were ugly cute. And different. I love looking back on the clothes I used to wear...

  9. #9
    Inactive Member supernonamegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 11th, 2005
    Posts
    104
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    An LE 80's doll is a fantastic idea and entirely within the realm of possibility.
    As much as I like the 20 years later story idea, I don't see how a 9 year-old girl would read it and AG doesn't seem to target at a different generation. On that note though, is there AG fanfiction? I would assume there as there's fanfiction of EVERYTHING. Anyone know of any?

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would love a 80's doll. I also love to watch Full House.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •